| Bringing You The Latest From The World of Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts
Sunday April 30th 2017
Follow Touchgloves on Twitter

Mayweather Rejects Offer from Pacquiao – Fight is off

In what is becoming more of a soap opera than a negotiation between two of the best fighters in the world, Floyd Mayweather Jr., through his promoters Golden Boy Promotions rejected a final offer to fight Manny Pacquiao on March 13, 2010.

Mayweather and his team had made unprecedented requests of Pacquiao to have random blood and urine tests; something that has never before been done in boxing.  Pacquiao agreed to have blood drawn, twice before the fight and once immediately after.  Mayweather rejected that.

Bob Arum, Pacquiao’s promoter said yesterday that the fight is dead.  He had already started negotiations with Paulie Malignaggi and that fight will now happen on March 13, 2010, instead of Pacquiao-Mayweather.

As reported here first, there was just too many hurdles in the negotiation process to get over to make the fight happen in March.  Richard Schaefer, Golden Boy Promotions CEO and Mayweather’s promoter perhaps made a fatal mistake in the negotiations.  This is not a super-fight, this is The Super-Fight.  Schaefer and Mayweather’s demands went to the extreme.  Maybe they thought they can push Arum and Pacquiao around.   Schaefer is known to be a sharp businessman and excellent negotiator.  One thing is clear, Schaefer should have had the foresight to see this coming.  Instead he pushed further and negotiated against himself and against his fighter, Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

Share

No related posts.

Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.

Reader Feedback

One Response to “Mayweather Rejects Offer from Pacquiao – Fight is off”

  1. KO you says:

    mayweather is scared to fight pacquiao – thats why he is making unreasonable demands…

Leave a Reply