NEW YORK, September 4, 2007- The International Fight League (OTC.BB: IFLI), the world’s number one professional mixed martial arts league, moves to the 2007 World Championship semifinals, highlighting the matchup between Pat Miletich’s Quad Cities Silverbacks and Shawn Tompkins’ Los Angeles Anacondas in the next episode of “IFL Battleground” on Monday, Sept. 10, at 8 p.m. ET/PT (7 p.m. CT/MT). The Silverbacks, who won the IFL Legends Championship and IFL World Team Championship in 2006, look to avenge their only loss of 2007 in the rematch with the Anacondas. “IFL Battleground” airs every Monday night, with a replay on Saturday, on MyNetworkTV.
Matchups and personalities featured in the episode include:
• Ben Rothwell (Milwaukee, Wis.) of the Silverbacks takes on his Anacondas counterpart Krzysztof Soszynski (Winnipeg, Manitoba) in a rematch of heavyweights.
• Rory Markham (Chicago) of the Silverbacks, who returns after missing two of his last three bouts with an eye injury, battles Chris Clements (Chatham, Ontario), a late replacement for the Anacondas’ injured star welterweight Jay Hieron (Las Vegas).
• Mike Ciesnolevicz (Williamstown, Pa.) looks to continue his run of four straight victories in a rematch with the Anacondas’ Alex Schoenauer (Las Vegas/El Bolson, Argentina) in a battle of top light heavyweights.
• Bart Palaszewski (Wonder Lake, Ill), who, along with Rothwell, has the most wins (7) in IFL history, competes against another late Anacondas addition in Hawaii’s Harris Sarmiento.
• Gerald Harris (Tulsa, Okla.), who has competed for the Wolfpack, has been picked up by the Silverbacks for a middleweight tilt with Benji Radach (Coconut Creek, Fla.), unbeaten in IFL competition after a more than two-year layoff from the sport. Harris talks about leaving his job as a teacher (and part-time gig as an up-and-coming comedian) to devote his full-time efforts to competing in mixed martial arts. Radach returns to the restaurant where he and fellow IFL athlete Dennis Hallman once thwarted a robbery attempt.
The “My Ink” feature, highlighting the unique tattoos sported by some of the IFL athletes, returns with a look at Palaszewski’s art.
Viewers can find their local MyNetworkTV affiliate at www.mynetworktv.com/local_stations.html.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.